Staying Positive During A Pandemic

     This pandemic hit everyone like a ton of bricks. No one was expecting a global pandemic to take over their lives. Since the pandemic started many people had to adjust their lives. The new normal is what a lot of people could call everything that is happening. Although this pandemic has a lot of negatives, we must think of the positive. With everyone growing up and learning how to be independent or simply focusing their time on other things, spending time with family has become a second thought. I don't know if everyone can relate but I sure forgot to simply just enjoy my family's company. Ever since I started college, that and work has been my main focus. If I was not at school, I was at work. I barely had time to talk to my parents and ask them about what is going on in their lives. Although I lived with a lot of people, I felt like I did not get to talk to them as much. When the first wave of the pandemic hit, I had more time to spend with my family. I would just go to work and then straight home. However, work began taking more of time. I work as a manager at a fast food place that did not close. I began working almost fifty hours a week because our other stores needed to be covered. The pandemic was no match for people who wanted their food. I struggled with the second half of spring semester and again, spent less time with my family. As I began adjusting to the new normal, I had my life back. I was able to balance my family, work, school, and friends. 

Then Fall sem came...

Before the pandemic hit, my friends and I were able to go around the island at 1 am, chill in the copy room of UOG, and chill at my house. 



    If I haven't mentioned before, I have a big family. My eldest sister's kids live with my parents, brother, and I. Since they got here, I felt like I just became a mother of 4. These kids are all close in age which means, they get to go to school together. Anyway, since we are stuck in PCOR 1, they are doing online learning and hard copy packets. With two college students and 3 kids doing online learning, chaos happens because the wifi is slow and we can't understand each of our lectures. I have to play teacher and help my nieces and nephews do their work. One of my niece is just starting Kindergarten so this is a test for me to see if I should become a teacher. lol. 
  

Add caption
     


Anyway, here are some positive things you could do during this pandemic: 

1. Spend time with family
2. Exercise 
3. Eat healthy
4. Do arts and crafts 
5. Spend time with yourself
6. Find a new hobby
7. Start a business 
8. Discover something about yourself
9. Start a youtube channel 
10. Find happiness within yourself. 


Thank you for reading my lengthy post. Hope you enjoyed and found something to you could apply to your life. :) 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts

Being Postive (LITERALLY) During A Pandemic: My COVID Experience